Skip to main content

Can't Nobody Do It Like You

CAN'T NOBODY DO IT LIKE YOU

So yesterday, I wrote a Facebook post that seemed to have resonated with a lot of people. Got a couple of shares. Check it out below.

Ana Kitty Larrieux Gibson
20 hrs
This is for anyone who stopped doing what they thought they should be doing because there are others who do the same thing. Take note.
The fact is, there are a gazillion people in the same field as you, doing exactly what you like to do, HOWEVER, it shouldn't stop you from pursuing that passion/goal/dream because they're in your field. Find what sets you apart and work it like you're the only one who knows how.
Think of all the pizza joints we got. Do you think any of them said, "nah im not going to do it because it's already being done." NO. They went through with it because they believed their pizza has a taste that no one else does. And they work that angle.
DeVon Franklin says it best. Your difference is your destiny.
So don't quit because everyone looks the same. Find your why and stand on it. Find your cut (the difference about you) and pursue it. You owe it to yourself and your legacy.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I want to expand on this a little more.
The thought came to me after I was scrolling through Instagram and I saw a family friend pursuing her passion of baking. I believe she's a newbie to it. Coincidentally, someone within this same circle popped into my head because she used to do the same thing but for whatever reason, she stopped. One of the reasons being because she's said everybody is doing it.
And I thought to myself, just by looking at the newbie's photo, "How many of us give up or become super insecure about a thing we like to do because it seems as though the rest of the world is partaking in the same business venture, product or service, and they're getting more attention than we are for it?"
I know i've had my share of doubts and insecurities, especially with my hand being in so many things. And when it comes to singing or writing or event decorating, at times it has definitely hit me harder than I care to admit. Plenty of times I almost called it quits.
It wasn't until I read a book by Devon Franklin, The Hollywood Commandments; the specific chapter called "Your Difference Is Your Destiny." I read that book last year. That chapter is just now hitting me. It's not that I didn't understand what he was saying, it was just that I couldn't grasp my difference for my specialties at the time of reading that book. 

Your Difference is Your Destiny. And what that simply means is, we are gonna always be among people who do the very same thing we do, whether it be singing, writing, baking, workshopping, being a doctor, a MUA, lawyer, engineer, or maybe even a receptionist, but the thing that sets you apart within that field of service or product or what have you is what's going to make people flock and elevate you rather than your competitors because YOU have something about YOU and your WORK that people need. And that's what you've got to find out.
I know for me, specifically when it comes to my singing and writing--I know I captivate people by my unique and passionate way of storytelling both in story and song (they kind of go hand in hand anyway), or simply by the way I sing a song. Since working on Guide Me Home, I've asked myself what is going to make me stand out as an author from all these others ones? Why am I unique compared to the rest? What do I have that maybe these other ones don't? And lastly, what's going to give me the biggest bang for my buck when it comes to marketing? The Answer. I SING. This was my AH HA MOMENT.
And so using both gifts at the same time allows me to bring forth the broader message with this book while also gaining more fans/customers/listeners because not only do people like to read but they love music and to be able to give that at the same time from the SAME PERSON is what makes me different. It's a unique approach at doing this very ordinary and overdone thing (singing and writing) and making it extraordinary.
How, you ask? Because no one, that I know of, has put out a song or album to coincide with their novel, especially if the author can sing. Customers are getting the best of both worlds. Not only that, the messages that I send through song and storytelling comes from a much deeper place--a spiritual and passionate place with a desire to help heal and encourage people; to bring a sense of awareness to oneself and showing what true love looks like all while still being able to entertain you. THIS IS WHAT SETS ME APART and there are folks who need EXACTLY what I have to offer.
As for event decorating, i'm still trying to figure that out. Maybe because i'm super affordable, I don't know. I'll get back to y'all on that. LOL

But any who, when you find yourself getting ready to quit because you think that what you're doing is nothing special, I challenge you to think again. The product or service or deed may not be special in and of itself, but YOU ARE. And you have something in you that NO ONE ELSE has in order for it to be the success you desire it to be. And if you don't know, it's ok to ask people close to you. I know I have and they've pretty much said some of the same things I thought, which tells me i'm on the right track. So get back to work and start searching real deep within to find your unique angle and run with it. 
CAUSE CAN'T NOBODY DO IT LIKE YOU DO, BOO!!

Make sure to follow and subscribe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw The Whole Person Away

Throw The Whole Person Away I love this meme for many reasons. It works well with so many jokes and incidences deemed funny or light heartedly crazy, especially when it comes to breakups and such. But on the flip side, it's not as funny when it involves someone you know. Most recently, I found myself having to confront this line in a much more personal way. I'll explain. Last week, a situation happened to a person I know that got him into a lot of trouble. I won't disclose what it was but just know it really wasn't good. Upon looking at the circumstance, my heart went out to him because I know that he's such a bright and smart young man that made a ridiculous and stupid choice that could literally cost him everything. Knowing the details, anyone could say, "Throw the whole person away," and justifiably so, BUT for me I didn't feel that in this case. The reason why it's personal is because at the time I felt like his decision would impact

Hello Me! (A Self-Discovery Segment)

Who Do You Think You Are? I wrote this quote because I was talking to a young friend of mine one evening and out of nowhere, I began to ask her random questions about herself. I wanted to know what her thoughts were. I wanted to know her views, why she does the things she does, why she thinks the way she thinks. And after talking to her for a while, I came to realize that many of us don’t know who we really are outside of what our life events and loved one's voices has said we are. I want to first say, if you're the kind of person that has had nothing but positivity in your life from friends and family and you bask in that identity, that is so awesome. You’ve probably found yourself and this post probably isn't for you. However, for those of us who are just now journeying to find a sense of self after so long of being told what to be, how to act, what to do, and all the other societal standards, this post is for you. HOW YOU DOIN?? HEY GIRL HEY (Or BOY)! 

Your Ugly Has Beauty, Too (Forgiveness)

Forgive me, y'all. This one might be a lil long today. Ugly truths are hard to confront and mirrors weren't made to just reflect outer beauty but to show the uglier sides of us too. I want to be honest with you guys right now. Last summer, I found myself in a real funk. This was a few months after I had done my When Hearts Align Concert which, by the way, I had already felt like I failed at it. Add on some other factors like being a stay at home mom (which is a job within itself), a wife, not having any real quality time with my husband, especially the physical part of it, my best friend coming to stay with us for a while (although she was a tremendous help for us), not having any money (and I don't mean joint account money. I mean my own, actually working for it so that I can spend it how I want to, money), feeling a little lost and not sure of myself, constant negative reminders of being a failure (That's what I told myself. I know it's not true), it playe