Skip to main content

Make your 30s count!

Hey guys, I'm back briefly.

I've been pretty busy these last two weeks so I haven't had time to sit and write anything. But today, I just wanted to share something that has been on my mind in the midst of my absence.

BEING 30 years old.


Now, I've been 30 for..1,2, carry the 5, subtract the......8 months now and I must say, i'm enjoying every ounce of it. It's crazy cause I've heard people dread turning 30 and I promised myself that I would not put myself through that kind of mental drainage when my time came. There's no point.


What i've learned so far is: to be myself unapologetically. To quit worrying about what others may think or say about me. To live in my honest truth and to live my life to the fullest. Have I mastered them all yet? NO, but I do my best in making a conscious effort in doing so.

Being 30 opened my eyes about myself and i'm in a state of transitioning so that I can get the most out of my life. I told a friend right around my birthday time that, "I've got to make this decade count," for many reasons.

In my 20s, I was so sheltered. I hadn't a clue on who I really was. I did things to please people. I walked on eggshells. I wore plenty masks. Have been extremely fearful and hesitant of doing certain things because of the "potential of failing," etc. The best decision I made in my 20s was getting married to my husband, buying a house, having our little Fireball named Grayson and light traveling. Outside of that, I'm not really sure what else has been my greatest decision (correct me if i'm wrong people. Turning 30, I might've lost a little bit of memory. LOL just kidding.)  Now, I'm not saying every thing I did, I regret or wasn't good or anything like that, cause I know that every propellation (I know that's not a word but it is today) and misstep led me to this point. It all worked for my good anyway. However, I'm noticing that a lot is changing with me and i'm realizing that I want more out of my life and I want it to be substantial--to have substance.

So, how am I making my 30s count compared to my 20s?

1. Ain't fooling with no more bullshit FROM ANYBODY
2. Making meaningful, lasting friendships
3. Learning how to say no if I really don't want to do something
4. Going after the things I desire and not second guessing it
5. Allowing my gifts to make room for me just by using them instead of having a concrete, concise plan for them. (I had this epiphany about 2 days ago. My gifts of singing and writing will carry me wherever they are needed at the time. I do not have a precise, inflexible plan for them as I have too many to try to put into a box).
6. Loving myself more
7. Creating lasting wealth
8. Getting out of the poverish mindset (more to come on that)
9. Celebrating others while I celebrate myself
10. Living everyday with gratitude and understanding how blessed I really am in the now.
11. Trusting God more (that should've been #1.)
12. Making my own rules and figuring out how to do stuff on my own instead of waiting on someone to do it for me (that's a major one. You know how people be saying they gonna do something and then don't come through. But I digress.)

While this might not seem big to you guys, it's huge to me cause this wasn't my thought back then. Being 30 makes you think. It sorta changes you and i'm loving the change. I feel all grown and sexy now.

So let me ask you. What has it been like for you before turning 30, while you were 30 and for those who remember being 30? What's your wisdom? Let's discuss.



Don't forget to follow me on my social media pages.

Twitter: @anamarigibson
Facebook: @AnaGibsonFanSpot
IG: @Officialanagibson






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw The Whole Person Away

Throw The Whole Person Away I love this meme for many reasons. It works well with so many jokes and incidences deemed funny or light heartedly crazy, especially when it comes to breakups and such. But on the flip side, it's not as funny when it involves someone you know. Most recently, I found myself having to confront this line in a much more personal way. I'll explain. Last week, a situation happened to a person I know that got him into a lot of trouble. I won't disclose what it was but just know it really wasn't good. Upon looking at the circumstance, my heart went out to him because I know that he's such a bright and smart young man that made a ridiculous and stupid choice that could literally cost him everything. Knowing the details, anyone could say, "Throw the whole person away," and justifiably so, BUT for me I didn't feel that in this case. The reason why it's personal is because at the time I felt like his decision would impact

Hello Me! (A Self-Discovery Segment)

Who Do You Think You Are? I wrote this quote because I was talking to a young friend of mine one evening and out of nowhere, I began to ask her random questions about herself. I wanted to know what her thoughts were. I wanted to know her views, why she does the things she does, why she thinks the way she thinks. And after talking to her for a while, I came to realize that many of us don’t know who we really are outside of what our life events and loved one's voices has said we are. I want to first say, if you're the kind of person that has had nothing but positivity in your life from friends and family and you bask in that identity, that is so awesome. You’ve probably found yourself and this post probably isn't for you. However, for those of us who are just now journeying to find a sense of self after so long of being told what to be, how to act, what to do, and all the other societal standards, this post is for you. HOW YOU DOIN?? HEY GIRL HEY (Or BOY)! 

Your Ugly Has Beauty, Too (Forgiveness)

Forgive me, y'all. This one might be a lil long today. Ugly truths are hard to confront and mirrors weren't made to just reflect outer beauty but to show the uglier sides of us too. I want to be honest with you guys right now. Last summer, I found myself in a real funk. This was a few months after I had done my When Hearts Align Concert which, by the way, I had already felt like I failed at it. Add on some other factors like being a stay at home mom (which is a job within itself), a wife, not having any real quality time with my husband, especially the physical part of it, my best friend coming to stay with us for a while (although she was a tremendous help for us), not having any money (and I don't mean joint account money. I mean my own, actually working for it so that I can spend it how I want to, money), feeling a little lost and not sure of myself, constant negative reminders of being a failure (That's what I told myself. I know it's not true), it playe